It is the general rule of thumb that the stamina needed to run a business is no easy slice of pie. Creating your own livelihood for yourself and your team members takes a lot of time and energy. Within that field is your mental strength, the driving force upon how successful business owners maintain focus of time and energy in order to lead a fruitful and prosperous operation. As the leading one true POS solution company, Sintel Systems always strives to stay on top of the game. You can feel rest assured that we are always working to give you the best POS service you can receive as well as tips and advice on always improving your mode of work with the information you receive. Here are 13 quick tips by licensed clinical social worker and About.com’s Parenting Teens Expert, Amy Morin, that made it into an article on Forbes.com.
It’s popularity has grown to inspire over 4.5 million readers so far and has been shaped to relate with different industries relating from the the legal industry all the way to the weight loss industry. Maybe you’re already successful and know about most of these tips, but it doesn’t ever hurt to be reminded on how to stay focused. This list is based off of Cheryl Conner’s thoughts pertaining to entrepreneurs.
13 Things Mentally Strong Entrepreneurs Avoid:
1. They Don’t Waste Time Feeling Sorry for Themselves.
• Mentally strong people don’t dwell on how they’ve been mistreated.
• They learn to take responsibility for their actions and understand that frequently life is not fair.
• They remain self-aware and have gratitude for lessons learned.
• When a situation turns out badly, they are ready to move on and say “Oh, well.” Or even more simply, “Next!”
2. They Don’t Give Away Their Power.
• Mentally strong people avoid giving others the power to make them feel inferior or bad.
• They understand they are in control of their own actions and emotions.
• Their strength is in their ability to manage the way they respond (an excellent trait by good managers).
3. They Don’t Shy Away From Change.
• Mentally strong people embrace change as much as they welcome challenge.
• The biggest “fear” is not of the unknown, but complacency and stagnation. Society is always changing and so a business must always be changing with it to meet the population’s demands.
• An environment of change and even uncertainty can energize a mentally strong person, bringing out their best potential.
4. They Don’t Waste Energy on Things They Can’t Control.
• Mentally strong people don’t complain about bad traffic, lost luggage or especially other people, because essentially all factors are out of their control.
• In a bad situation, they recognize that only they themselves can control their own response and attitude towards anything.
5. They Don’t Worry About Pleasing Others.
• A mentally strong person strives to be kind and fair.
• They please others where appropriate and are unafraid to speak up.
• They are able to withstand the angry customer and will navigate the situation as much as possible, with grace.
6. They Don’t Fear Taking Calculated Risks.
• A mentally strong person understands that life is a series of calculated risks. We never know what the outcome will be, however to fear it is to lose already.
• With mental strength, an individual can weigh the risks and benefits thoroughly, assessing the potential downsides and worst-case scenarios thoroughly.
• They understand that fear will hold them back from new ventures.
7. They Don’t Dwell on the Past.
• There is a strength in acknowledging the past and learning from it.
• A mentally strong person avoids getting stuck in the past disappointments and even fantasies of the “glory days” gone by.
• They invest their energy creating an optimal present and future.
8. They Don’t Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over.
• A mentally strong person accepts full responsibility for their past behavior and is willing to move forward, learning from those mistakes and changing.
• The ability to be self-reflective in an accurate and productive way is one of the greatest strengths of successful executives and entrepreneurs.
9. They Don’t Resent Other People’s Success.
• Mentally strong people have the strength of character to feel genuine joy and excitement for other people’s success.
• They don’t become jealous or resentful, instead they take close notes and applaud an individual’s success.
10. They Don’t Give Up After Failure.
• A mentally strong person understands that every failure is a chance to improve.
• Even the greatest entrepreneurs are willing to admit the failure of their early efforts.
• Mentally strong people are willing to fail in order to try again to bring them closer to their ultimate goal.
11. They Don’t Fear Alone Time.
• Mentally strong people enjoy and even cherish their time alone as it is a good downtime to reflect, plan and be productive.
• They don’t depend on others to be happy, they can be happy alone and with others.
12. They Don’t Feel the World Owes Them Anything.
• Mentally strong people look for opportunities based on their own merits.
• They enter the world prepared to work for their success.
13. They Don’t Expect Immediate Results.
• Mentally strong people are “in it for the long haul.”
• They know better than to expect immediate results.
• They apply their skills and time to the best of their ability.
• They understand that genuine change takes time.
Read the full list article here.
Whether you are a new entrepreneur looking to kick start your business ventures or a long time franchise owner, Sintel Systems provides all the advice we find important to help you in your business endeavors. We understand that times are changing rapidly as information and technology is constantly being updated, so we surface the news that we find will best improve your mode of operation.
Here at Sintel Systems we are your true one stop solution for all of your POS needs. Many other POS companies may claim the same title but do not deliver the results as Sintel Systems. Sintel Systems is the only full-service provider of tailored Point of Sale systems across retail, restaurant and service industries, including frozen yogurt shops, pizzerias, sushi restaurants, cafés and retail stores.
As a single source for business solutions, our experienced, knowledgeable team negotiates the complex POS landscape for you to enable you to find the right POS system for your business and budget. Hardware – Software – Support
Questions or Comments: Contact us 855-POS-SALES www.SintelSystems.com